These air fryer lemon tuna cakes are so easy to make. They are cooked in just 10 minutes.
Plus, they are extremely versatile. You can serve these lemon tuna patties as an appetizer, side dish, or main dish.
Is Canned Tuna Ok On The Keto Diet
Yes, canned tuna is keto-friendly. Canned tuna is filled with protein and other nutrients. Plus, it’s low in carbs since it does not have high amounts of sugar or fiber. So it’s one of the best inexpensive keto-friendly foods.
How Many Carbs Are In Tuna Patties
Lemon tuna patties are rich in protein and low in carbs. Each air fryer lemon patty has 6.7 grams of carbs and 5.3 net carbs.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Lemon Tuna Patties
Place perforated air fryer parchment paper in the air fryer basket and spray it lightly with non-stick cooking spray. It will prevent the lemon tuna patties from sticking to the basket.
If you do not have perforated air fryer parchment paper, spray the air fryer basket generously with non-stick cooking spray to prevent the lemon tuna patties from sticking.
Use albacore tuna. Other types of tuna can be mushy. You can also use fresh tuna. However, you may need to adjust the number of eggs and almond flour depending on how dry the tuna feels.
Add two eggs to the tuna mixture and mix to combine. If it is too dry, add another egg.
If the tuna patty mixture feels too soft, cover it with plastic wrap and place it into the fridge for 1 hour. Chilling the tuna mixture makes it easier to handle.
Drain the tuna mixture really well. If the tuna mixture feels too wet, it wasn’t drained well enough. Add another tablespoon of almond flour to the tuna mixture to help it hold together.
Can I Bake Air Fryer Lemon Tuna Patties
You can bake the lemon tuna patties if you don’t have an air fryer. Shape the tuna mixture into patties. Place the lemon tuna patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Place the lemon tuna patties in the fridge for 10 minutes until they are firm. Brush the lemon tuna patties with olive oil.
Program your oven to 350°F and bake the lemon tuna patties for 10 minutes. Flip the lemon tuna patties over and cook them for 10 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Lemon Tuna Patties
Air fryer lemon tuna patties are versatile. So you can serve them with many foods.
You can serve them on their own with ranch, tartar, or Calypso sauce. Lemon tuna patties also pair well with a simple salad.
How To Store Air Fryer Lemon Tuna Patties
Place the leftover lemon tuna patties into an airtight container. Place the lemon tuna patties in the fridge. The lemon tuna parries will last for 3 days.
How To Reheat Air Fryer Lemon Tuna Patties
You can reheat the lemon tuna patties for 1-2 minutes in the microwave until they are warm.
You can also reheat the lemon tuna patties in the air fryer. Program the air fryer to 350°F and cook them for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
Air Fryer Lemon Tuna PattiesCourse: Dinner, Side dishCuisine: Keto, Gluten-FreeDifficulty: Easy
Air fryer lemon tuna patties are delicious and filled with lemony flavor. With simple ingredients such as herbs, onions, and bell peppers, plain old tuna get transformed into a delicious appetizer, main dish, or side dish. Plus, they are cooked in only 10 minutes, so they are an easy dinner or lunch to prepare.
2 6 oz. cans of albacore tuna, drained
2 large eggs
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup almond flour
1 stalk celery, minced
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup minced red bell peppers
1/4 teaspoon dried chives
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, almond flour, celery, onion, red bell pepper, salt, and pepper and mix to combine.
- Carefully fold in the tuna and mix until combined.
- Place 1 sheet of air fryer baking paper into the base of the air fryer, then lightly spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop the 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture into your hand and shape it into a patty that is 3 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch in thickness. Place the tuna pattie onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining tuna mixture until you have 4 patties.
- Place 3-4 lemon tuna patties into the air fryer basket. Spray them with non-stick cooking spray, and cook them for minutes at 360°F.
- Flip the lemon tuna patties over, spray them with non-stick cooking spray and cook them for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- NUTRITIONAL INFO DISCLAIMER: The nutritional values presented above are only estimates. I don’t have a medical background, nor am I a registered dietitian or certified nutritionist. Therefore, nutritional information shown on foodandmoodcreations.com should only be used as a general guideline.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories255
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 11%
- Cholesterol 151mg 51%
- Sodium 355mg 15%
- Potassium 43.8mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6%
- Sugars 1.5g
- Protein 43.8g 88%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.