If sour cream and onion chips are your favorite, you will love this sour cream and onion chicken. It is a simple, easy-to-make gluten-free dish that is simply delicious.
Tips For Making Sour Cream And Onion Chicken
Freeze the chicken breast for 15 minutes. It will make it easier to cut them in half.
I placed the tortilla chips into a ziplock bag and crushed them up using a rolling pin. However, you pulse them in a food processor until they resemble coarse crumbs.
Marinate the sour cream and onion chicken for at least an hour. You can marinate it for up to 4 hours. Additionally, the sour cream will help tenderize the chicken.
Use parmesan cheese if you run out of tortilla chips. I ran out of tortilla chips, so I used parmesan cheese as the breading, and they came out beautifully. Plus, if you use parmesan cheese, the sour cream, and onion chicken will be keto-friendly.
How To Make Sour Cream And Onion Chicken In The Oven
If you do not have an air fryer, you can make sour cream and onion chicken in the oven.
- Program the oven to 425°F and let it preheat.
- Marinate the chicken breasts for 1-4 hours, then press them into the tortilla chip crumbs.
- Place the sour cream and onion chicken onto a wire rack placed over a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the sour cream and onion chicken for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.
How To Make Sour Cream And Onion Chicken On The Stove
Alternatively, you can also shallow fry the sour cream and onion chicken on the stovetop. The chicken will be extra crispy.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the sour cream mixture.
- Press the chicken breasts into the crushed tortilla chips.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of oil into a skillet and set it over medium-high heat.
- Add the sour cream and onion chicken to the skillet.
- Cook the sour cream and onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip them over and cook them for another 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown and fully cooked.
- Place the sour cream and onion chicken onto a paper towel-lined plate and enjoy!
How Do You Keep Breaded Chicken From Getting Soggy
This sour cream and onion chicken is breaded, so it will get soggy after a while. To prevent this, place the chicken onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet once you remove the air fryer. Place the chicken into a 200°F, and it will stay crispy until you are ready to serve dinner.
How To Store Leftover Sour Cream And Onion Chicken
Let the sour cream and onion chicken cook completely. Place the chicken into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for 3-5 days.
How To Freeze Sour Cream And Onion Chicken
Do not cook sour cream and onion chicken if you want to freeze it. If you freeze cooked sour cream and onion chicken, the breading will fall off. It’s better to freeze it raw so the breading stays intact.
To freeze sour cream and onion chicken, place it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze them for 3-4 hours until they are frozen solid.
Wrap each sour cream and onion chicken individually with plastic wrap. Place them into a ziplock bag and squeeze all the air out of the bag, then seal it.
Place the sour cream and onion chicken into the freezer. The sour cream and onion chicken will last for 1 month.
How To Reheat Sour Cream And Onion Chicken
Program the air fryer to 375°F and let it preheat for 5 minutes. Place the sour cream and onion chicken breast in the basket in a single and cook them for 3 minutes. Flip them over and cook them for another 2-3 minutes until heated through.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Lemon Tuna Patties
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
Air Fryer Sour Cream And Onion ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: Gluten-FreeDifficulty: Easy
Sour cream and onion chicken is crispy, moist, and juicy. It is marinated in sour cream, chives, and onions until it has a sour cream and onion flavor. Since it is breaded with crushed corn tortilla chips, this sour cream and onion chicken recipe is the perfect gluten-free meal. They are perfect served with air fryer garlic parmesan potatoes.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon dried chives
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons onion, grated
2 cups crushed corn tortilla chips
- Place the chicken breasts into a bowl and season it with the seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and chives.
- Add the sour cream and grated onion and mix to combine.
- Cover the sour cream and onion chicken with plastic wrap and chill them in the fridge for 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Place the crushed tortilla chips onto a plate and spread them into an even layer.
- Press both sides of each chicken breast in the tortilla chips, ensuring the entire chicken breast is covered, then place them onto a plate.
- Spray the air fryer’s basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 2 chicken breasts, spray them with non-stick cooking spray, and cook them at 375°F for 7 minutes.
- Turn the chicken breast over, spray them with non-stick cooking spray, and cook them for another 3-5 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 to cook the remaining chicken breasts.
- Serve and enjoy!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories583
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
- Cholesterol 48mg 16%
- Sodium 1117mg 47%
- Potassium 8mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 8.1g 33%
- Sugars 3.9g
- Protein 30.9g 62%
- Calcium 315%
- Iron 1%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.