Just because a soup is made from vegetables does not mean that it is not delicious. This double green cauliflower soup is delicious, and it features fresh vegetables such as cauliflower, kale, and spinach. Best of all, this soup is 100% vegan, and it’s compatible with the keto diet.
Health Benefits Of Cauliflower
Cauliflower belongs to the Brassica family, and it is the twin of broccoli. In fact, both vegetables are considered to be the same species of cruciferous vegetables.
This particular species of vegetables contains beneficial properties such as phytochemicals, phenolic compounds, vitamin C, and minerals. Cauliflower is also rich in vitamin A, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, calcium, iron, phosphorous, and fat.
Chronic inflammation can lead to conditions such as arthritis or chronic pain. Cauliflower has specific compounds that have been shown to prevent chronic inflammation, which may decrease your risk of developing these illnesses.
In addition to this, boron is another property found in cauliflower. Boron helps with the absorption of calcium and magnesium. This makes these nutrients more efficient for bone development and preventing osteoporosis and arthritis.
Cauliflowers’ high antioxidant profile can significantly decrease toxins in our bodies. Therefore it can prevent toxin-related damages that can increase your risk of developing cancer. Cauliflower is also great for colds as it contains high levels of vitamin C.
Health Benefits Of Kale
In recent years kale has been considered quite the superfood. Kale, scientifically known as Brassica oleracea L. var. acephala, is a cruciferous vegetable that also belongs to the Brassicaceae species.
Consuming kale is an excellent way to increase your fiber and mineral intake. Kale contains minerals such as potassium, and it also has greater calcium bioavailability than milk.
In addition to this, kale also contains prebiotic carbohydrates, unsaturated fatty acids, and various vitamins. Research studies have found kale to have beneficial properties that may protect against anti-inflammatory activity and coronary artery diseases. Kale also possesses the potential to have antigenotoxic abilities and may prevent carcinogenic compounds from forming.
Health Benefits Of Spinach
Spinach tends to be one of the most overlooked leafy greens. However, sometimes the most overlooked vegetables are the healthiest vegetables.
Spinach has a diverse range of health benefits, including enhancing eyesight and skin, regulating blood pressure, preventing age-related macular degeneration and hemophilia, and increasing muscle mass. In addition to this, spinach is also beneficial for illnesses such as atherosclerosis, cataracts, neurological diseases, and heart attacks.
Furthermore, spinach also aids in bone mineralization and possesses anti-ulcerative and anti-cancerous properties. Phytochemicals and bioactive compounds found in spinach can also scavenge free radicals and prevent macromolecular damage.
These chemicals can also regulate the expression and activity of genes responsible for metabolism, proliferation, inflammation, and antioxidant defense. These spinach-derived properties can also curb food consumption by triggering the secretion of satiety hormones that keep you fuller for longer lengths of time. Overall the biological compounds of spinach possess anti-cancer, anti-obesity, hypoglycemic, and hypolipidemic properties.
Double Green Cauliflower SoupCourse: Dinner Recipes, Gluten-Free, Keto, Recipes, veganDifficulty: Easy
This double green cauliflower soup is incredibly flavorful! Made with cauliflower, spinach, and kale, there is nothing better than a bowl of this deliciously healthy soup on a cold or rainy day.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 sprig of thyme
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 cups spinach leaves
2 cups kale, removed from the stem, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth or water
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add the olive oil to a soup pot, add the onions, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the minced garlic and sprig of thyme and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth and allow it to come to a boil for
- Add the cauliflower, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, and paprika, and cook the double green cauliflower soup for 8-10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the spinach and kale and cook the double green cauliflower soup for an additional 5 minutes until the spinach and kale wilt.
- In batches, double green cauliflower soup into a smooth puree.
- Divide the double green cauliflower soup between 4 bowls and drizzle each bowl of soup with one tablespoon of coconut milk.
- Serve and enjoy!
- NUTRITION INFO Calories: 188 | Carbohydrates: 13.4g |Protein: 8.6g | Fat: 12.2g | Saturated Fat: 4.6g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1395mg | Potassium: 765mg | Sugar: 4.3g | Vitamin D: 0mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 2mg
- NUTRITIONAL INFO DISCLAIMER: The nutritional values presented above are only estimates. I don’t have a medical background, nor am I a registered dietitian or certified nutritionist. Therefore, nutritional information shown on foodandmoodcreations.com should only be used as a general guideline.