Whether you love the combination of cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar or are addicted to snickerdoodles, these snickerdoodle waffles will be the best thing you have ever tasted.
Waffles are known for being notoriously easy to make, and these snickerdoodle waffles are no different. They are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
What Is The Secret To Making Crispy Waffles
There are a few secrets to making crispy waffles. First, using cornstarch will give the waffles a crispy texture.
Cornstarch is produced from finely ground corn flour. It gives the snickerdoodle waffles a finer texture as well as a crispy texture. Plus, the waffles will still be soft and fluffy on the inside.
Gluten-free flour cannot achive this fine texture or crisp exterior on its own.
If you are worried about the cornstarch giving the waffles a weird flavor, cornstarch is flavorless. So it won’t give them an off taste.
The second secret to crispy waffles is to make sure the waffle iron is extremely hot. The snickerdoodle waffle batter should sizzle when it hits the waffle iron. If it doesn’t, the waffle iron is not hot enough, and you will have soggy snickerdoodle waffles.
Should You Let Waffle Batter Rest
It depends on who you ask. Some people recommend letting the waffle batter rest for 30-40 minutes.
The idea is to let the gluten strands relax, which creates tender and fluffy waffles.
However, since we are making gluten-free waffles, you don’t need to let the batter rest.
Is Pancake Batter The Same As Waffle Batter
Waffles and pancake recipes contain the same ingredients, such as eggs, milk, sugar, and flour. However, just because they contain similar ingredients does not mean they are identical.
Waffles contain higher ratios of fat and sugar. In contrast, pancakes are thicker and contain less fat and sugar.
Is It Better To Make Waffles With Milk Or Water
You can make waffles with water or milk. However, milk adds richness to the waffles. Nevertheless, waffles made with water will still taste delicious.
How To Store Snickerdoodle Waffles
Store the snickerdoodle waffles in n airtight container or Zip lock bag in the fridge for 3 days. You can also store the waffles in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Snickerdoodle WafflesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: Gluten-freeDifficulty: Easy
Snickerdoodle waffles are delicious. The crisp exterior, fluffy interior, and combination of cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar-free sweetener will have you making these waffles all holiday season long.
- Snickerdoodle Waffles
1 cup cassava flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons sugar-free sweetener
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
1/4 cup sugar-free sweetener
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Snickerdoodle Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Whisk the cassava flour, oat flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, sugar-free sweetener, and cinnamon in a separate bowl until combined.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste in another bowl until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the cassava flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Spray your waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 1/3 cup of the snickerdoodle waffle batter to the waffle iron.
- Cook the snickerdoodle waffle according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove the snickerdoodle waffle from the waffle iron. Continue cooking the snickerdoodle waffles until all the batter is gone.
- Whisk the sugar-free sweetener and cinnamon in a small bowl until combined.
- Place the waffles onto a serving plate and sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of the topping over each waffle.
- Serve and enjoy!
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories304
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 20g 100%
- Cholesterol 71mg 24%
- Sodium 323mg 14%
- Potassium 130mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2%
- Sugars 0.1g
- Protein 4.6g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.