I’ve said it before. Sometimes recipes don’t always work out how they are supposed to. These blueberry butter crumb muffins were supposed to be blueberry butter waffles. Sadly, things did not work out.
However, I did not want to waste the batter, so I made blueberry butter muffins.
These blueberry butter crumb muffins are so delicious. The blueberry butter is swirled into the muffin batter. Then topped with a buttery sweet crumble topping before being baked, creating a moist muffin with a crunchy topping.
Are Blueberry Butter Crumb Muffins Healthy
Yes, blueberry butter muffins are healthy. Blueberries can prevent and delay the onset of age-related diseases and enhance learning and memory in children. Blueberries also possess anti-cancer properties. They can improve immunity and support weight management.
Additionally, these blueberry butter crumb muffins do not contain refined sugar or wheat flour. So they are much healthier than traditional muffins.
Are Blueberry Butter Crumb Muffins Keto
Yes, blueberry butter crumb muffins are keto. They are made with sugar-free blueberry butter, almond and coconut flour, and sugar-free sweetener. More importantly, each blueberry butter crumb muffin has 6.8 net carbs.
Tips For Making Blueberry Butter Crumb Muffins
Use room temperature ingredients when making the muffin batter. Room-temperature ingredients will help the batter blend together better.
Use cold butter when making the crumble topping. The cold butter will give the crumble topping a flakier texture.
Do not overmix the batter. If you overmix the batter, the muffins will have a dense texture. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, then mix the wet ingredients in another bowl.
Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix just until the batter is combined.
Spray the muffin liners with non-stick cooking spray. Gluten-free muffins tend to stick to the liners, especially paper liners. The non-stick cooking spray prevents the muffins from sticking.
If you are using silicone muffin liners, remove the blueberry crumb muffins from the liners after 5 minutes and place them onto a cooling rack. If you leave them in the silicone liners for too long, the bottom of the muffins will become soggy.
How To Store Blueberry Butter Crumble Muffins
You can store the blueberry butter crumb muffins at room temperature. Place them in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
You can also store the blueberry butter crumb muffins in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Alternatively, you can also store the blueberry butter crumb muffins in the freezer. Wrap the blueberry butter crumb muffins individually with plastic wrap and place them into a zip-lock bag. Seal the bag and place the blueberry butter crumb muffins in the freezer. They will last 1-2 months.
More Blueberry Butter Recipes
Blueberry Butter Crumb MuffinsCourse: Breakfast, Snacks, DessertCuisine: Gluten-free, KetoDifficulty: Easy
Blueberry butter crumb muffins are moist and delicious. They are made with homemade blueberry butter, which gives them a sweet flavor and a crumb topping that is buttery and delicious. All in all, these blueberry butter crumb muffins are the perfect breakfast, snack, and dessert. They are also perfect for persons who have dietary restrictions since they are sugar-free, gluten-free, keto-friendly, and diabetic-friendly.
1 cups almond flour
1/3 cup pea protein powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup sugar-free sweetener
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup almond milk
4 large eggs
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 teaspoons blueberry butter
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup sugar-free sweetener
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Program the oven to 350°F, then line a muffin pan with silicone or paper liners.
- Whisk the almond flour, pea protein powder, coconut flour, and xanthan gum in a large bowl until combined.
- Whisk the sour cream, almond milk, eggs, baking powder, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl until combined.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the almond flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop the blueberry butter crumb batter into the prepared muffin pan filling each muffin cup 1/2 way full.
- Add a teaspoon of blueberry butter to each muffin cup and swirl it into the muffin batter with a toothpick or skewer.
- Place the almond flour and sugar-free sweetener into a bowl.
- Add the butter and cut it into the flour using a fork, pastry blender, or your hands.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the crumble mixture on top of the muffins.
- Bake the blueberry butter crumb muffin for 20-24 minutes until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories266
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 13.4g 67%
- Cholesterol 116mg 39%
- Sodium 341mg 15%
- Potassium 25mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 7%
- Sugars 5.1g
- Protein 6.2g 13%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Ma, L., Sun, Z., Zeng, Y., Luo, M., & Yang, J. (2018). Molecular Mechanism and Health Role of Functional Ingredients in Blueberry for Chronic Disease in Human Beings. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 19(9), 2785. MDPI AG. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijms19092785
Tran, P. H. L., & Tran, T. T. D. (2021). Blueberry Supplementation in Neuronal Health and Protective Technologies for Efficient Delivery of Blueberry Anthocyanins. Biomolecules, 11(1), 102. MDPI AG. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/biom11010102